Re: Fwd: Submit Request Failure

On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 1:34 PM, (``-_-´´) -- Fernando
<ubuntu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tuesday 01 April 2008 13:02:29 Tom Berger wrote:
>  > On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 12:40 PM, (``-_-´´) -- Fernando
>  <snip>
>
> > I'm not sure this is a desirable feature. We're now in the process of
>  > making all error conditions send you an email, so that you can safely
>  > assume that if an error email hasn't been sent the incoming email was
>  > processed correctly.
>  >
>  > If at all, I think a request for confirmation should only be an
>  > optional flag, since I expect many users would not like the extra
>  > incoming email (I know I wouldn't like it). What do you think?
>
>  I always set Mailman or any other ML software to give me an acknowledge.
>  To many emails, and too many accounts, makes me loose track of email.
>  Besides, gmail filters emails that are the same from sent and received.
>  So where is that flag? should I open a bug to track it?

We don't currently send any confirmation email (though, of course, if
the bug was filed correctly you should receive a [NEW] email anyway,
and if there was an error you should receive an error report). Go
ahead and file a bug. I somehow doubt many users would be interested
in an extra email, though, which is why I suggested that if such a
feature is every implemented, it should probably come with a way to
turn it off.

Tom