Re: Translations

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 9:06 AM, Tim Cook <timothywayne.cook@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This is an interesting blueprint and certainly worthwhile.  However, my
> question was related to if, and I just did, upload a new template file
> to replace the one already imported.  What will happen to the existing
> translations?

I believe that once a new template is imported (and I'm making an
educated guess here, so your mileage may vary), a msgmerge is executed
for every existing translation? Will wait for some of the Rosetta guys
to chime in...

> My assumption is that since I edited some message IDs they will create
> new entries with the old ones remaining in the database.  Is there a way
> to delete the old ones?  I also assume that during the import of the new
> template matching message IDs will not create new ones leaving the
> current translations links in tact.  Correct?

Usually messages that are no longer used are marked as obsolete (or
literally commented out), as it doesn't hurt to keep them around.

Cheers,
--
Og B. Maciel

omaciel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx