Re: Translations

On Wed, 2008-07-02 at 08:43 -0400, Og Maciel wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 12:52 PM, Tim Cook <timothywayne.cook@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > When I make type corrections or add new msgids then upload a new
> > template file; will the Launchpad Translation utilities somehow
> > magically merge the existing Translations with the new template?
>
> Short answer: No. However, there is a blueprint for it:
> https://blueprints.edge.launchpad.net/rosetta/+spec/import-templates-from-source-tree
>
> May I suggest you subscribe to it? I am also very interested in this feature.

This is an interesting blueprint and certainly worthwhile.  However, my
question was related to if, and I just did, upload a new template file
to replace the one already imported.  What will happen to the existing
translations?

My assumption is that since I edited some message IDs they will create
new entries with the old ones remaining in the database.  Is there a way
to delete the old ones?  I also assume that during the import of the new
template matching message IDs will not create new ones leaving the
current translations links in tact.  Correct?

Thanks,
Tim

--
Timothy Cook, MSc
Health Informatics Research & Development Services