Re: Rosetta after 31 July 2008

Hi Barry,

Yesterday at 14:13, Barry Warsaw wrote:

>> You'd have to mix licenses, with the additions covered by both GPL
>> and BSD, but is that a problem?
>
> I don't know.  Has anybody contacted the FSF about this?  If not, I
> have contacts there and could see what their opinion is of the current
> arrangement.

FSF is pretty clear on the topic:

  http://www.fsf.org/licensing/licenses/gpl-faq.html#WhatDoesCompatMean
  http://www.fsf.org/licensing/licenses/gpl-faq.html#OrigBSD (implicit, but I believe still of value: we are using the revised BSD license)

FWIW, we also had a lot of discussion about translation licensing in
Launchpad with Benjamin Mako Hill months ago, who is now at FSF.

Cheers,
Danilo