Re: Beta Testers: Changes to Edge

On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 6:54 PM, Sarah Hobbs <hobbsee@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Kjell Braden wrote:
>>
>> I'd like to see the possibility for users to choose whether they want to
>> see an "action" menu on the bug pages: I hate the fact that I have to
>> search the whole page for whatever I want to do. (In case someone
>> complained about that before, feel free to point me to the discussion)

I'm not clear on whether you're saying that you want an actions menu
so the actions are all together, or whether you want it gone.

I think there has been a problem in the past that the controls for
data are not near the display of the data, and that the actions menu
is too long to easily scan.  So these changes are trying to improve
both those problems.

In general if there is an infelicity in the ui it's better to just fix
it than to provide a per-user option by which people can avoid it.

> Try quitting the beta team.  I know others have done so for similar reasons
> (pages consistently changing, having to remove 'edge.' from all URL's given,
> etc).
>
> I doubt it's very hard to get back on it again, when the UI stabilizes?

I think the main aspect at the moment is the automatic redirection so
if you do like it it's fine to quit.  I think we would like to hear
feedback about why it's happening though.

For example maybe, just thinking out loud, the 'disable redirection',
button should be present in the header of every beta page, and also
take you immediately back to the corresponding production page?  Would
that mean you were more willing to use beta?

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>