Re: Beta Testers: Changes to Edge

Martin Pool wrote:
I think the main aspect at the moment is the automatic redirection so
if you do like it it's fine to quit.  I think we would like to hear
feedback about why it's happening though.

For example maybe, just thinking out loud, the 'disable redirection',
button should be present in the header of every beta page, and also
take you immediately back to the corresponding production page?  Would
that mean you were more willing to use beta?

Actually, I would have thought that the standard screen on launchpad.net was fine, but with the addition of a dropdown that specifies how long you don't want to be redirected for.

eg: 2 hours, 4 hours, 6 hours, 24 hours, 48 hours, 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month. (or whatever steps were deemed appropriate)

If that could actually be implemented, for the next rollout, that would be really nice, and would be a viable alternative. If this is unfeasible, then people will need to look at other alternatives.

Hobbsee