Re: Beta Testers: Changes to Edge

On Do, 2008-07-10 at 19:12 +1000, Martin Pool wrote:
> I'm not clear on whether you're saying that you want an actions menu
> so the actions are all together, or whether you want it gone.
>
> I think there has been a problem in the past that the controls for
> data are not near the display of the data, and that the actions menu
> is too long to easily scan. So these changes are trying to improve
> both those problems.

My point is that I (personally) like to have my controls grouped
together (like in one action menu) instead of "near the data".

> For example maybe, just thinking out loud, the 'disable redirection',
> button should be present in the header of every beta page, and also
> take you immediately back to the corresponding production page?  Would
> that mean you were more willing to use beta?

That may be a good feature.
However, I don't really consider leaving beta-testers, because I like to
be able to discuss/test changes before they get to the production page.
(This design change is going to get to the production page anyway, so I
either have to get used to it, or you change it ;))