Re: Bugzilla and Trac plugins: Request for beta testers

2008/8/25 Caroline Ford <caroline.ford.work@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> I think there are diplomatic and other issues before we start
> automatically sending all our untriaged bugs upstream. I'd expect we'd
> get blocked by some upstreams tbh.

Possibly. On the other hand, I think that should a bug tracker's
administrator choose to install the plugin that specifically allows
that functionality they'll have considered whether or not they
actually want bugs and comments pushed to them (with the installation
of the plugin being an implicit acceptance of receiving bugs and
comments from Launchpad).

That said, there's no reason why we couldn't add functionality to the
$bugtracker/+edit page in Launchpad to allow administrators the option
to control exactly what Launchpad forwards to them. So, something
like:

Launchpad should:
 (x) Forward bugs and comments to the upstream tracker.
 ( ) Forward only comments to the upstream tracker.

--
Graham Binns | PGP Key: 4DAD18FA