Re: Bugzilla and Trac plugins: Request for beta testers

2008/8/25 Graham Binns <graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> 2008/8/25 Caroline Ford <caroline.ford.work@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> I think there are diplomatic and other issues before we start
>> automatically sending all our untriaged bugs upstream. I'd expect we'd
>> get blocked by some upstreams tbh.
>>

> Possibly. On the other hand, I think that should a bug tracker's
> administrator choose to install the plugin that specifically allows
> that functionality they'll have considered whether or not they
> actually want bugs and comments pushed to them (with the installation
> of the plugin being an implicit acceptance of receiving bugs and
> comments from Launchpad).
>
> That said, there's no reason why we couldn't add functionality to the
> $bugtracker/+edit page in Launchpad to allow administrators the option
> to control exactly what Launchpad forwards to them. So, something
> like:
>
> Launchpad should:
>  (x) Forward bugs and comments to the upstream tracker.
>  ( ) Forward only comments to the upstream tracker.

As long as it is installed _by them_ then it is clearly their choice.
I'd presumed we were going to suddenly start emailing bugs upstream
and was waiting for the fallout.

It might be nice to allow them to only get:

bugs from their current version (or any versions of their choice)
bugs that have been triaged/confirmed

This would give them more control and would stop bugs with many
packages wrongly assigned (or the wrong package assigned)  bothering
upstream.

On the version thing, i know that my upstream is only really
interested in bugs in recent versions. The version in hardy is too old
for us to be bothered with, really. We certainly don't want any older
than that.

Caroline