Re: [Launchpad-users] Your top three wishes for Launchpad? (4.0 planning)

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 11:45 AM, Karl Fogel<karl.fogel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> With the 3.0 release coming up soon, we're beginning the 4.0 planning
> process.  To help with prioritization, we'd like to know your top 3
> wishes for Launchpad 4.0.  Please follow up in this thread, and...

1. Performance. It seems like there has been some progress here, but
since you all rock I know you can do even better. ;-) Three random bug
pages:

<!-- at least 84 queries issued in 3.12 seconds -->
<!-- Launchpad 2.2.6 (r8327) -->

<!-- at least 82 queries issued in 4.32 seconds -->
<!-- Launchpad 2.2.6 (r8327) -->

<!-- at least 71 queries issued in 4.16 seconds -->
<!-- Launchpad 2.2.6 (r8327) -->

2. I've always thought that it would be nice if your profile page
(don't know what your terminology is, but I mean e.g
https://launchpad.net/~andrewsomething) was more of a dash-board when
logged in. The current view would be your public face, but when logged
in it would present you with information directly relevant to you:
most recent comments on subscribed bug, recent commits, display
assigned bugs in a todo list fashion, ect... I know where I live and
what my email address / irc nick / jabber nick / OpenPGP key are. I
know what languages I speak and what teams I belong to. Currently the
profile page isn't useful at all for its owner.

3. Debian PPAs - https://bugs.launchpad.net/soyuz/+bug/188564

- Andrew Starr-Bochicchio