Re: [Launchpad-users] new way to look at the bugs

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 06:03:21AM -0700, Richard Wilbur wrote:
> What about making several (configurable?) bug views?  They could be
> custom categories configurable on a project-wide or developer-specific
> basis to accommodate different workflows.  These could be available from
> a drop-down selection and provide bookmark-friendly URLs.  Then the
> project leader is spared the extra overhead of assigning and reassigning
> everyone on their team specific roles in Launchpad simply to enable
> access to particular bug views as interests, capabilities, and
> availabilities change.  Moreover, if I understand Robert correctly, his
> workflow would specifically use three of these pages, whereas the Ubuntu
> workflow would assign one of those three pages to the bug triage team.

I think this is solved by one of the planned features we have which I am
now dubbing "bug hoards", in which you manually assemble sets of bugs
into named hoards, which can be shared between teams. A milestone
listing would be just a custom instance of a hoard (with
milestone-specific UI).

> My workflow as a developer is similar in that I want to find the oldest
> or newest untriaged bugs when I wish to see alternately what is
> languishing in the bug queue and what has just landed.  Preparing for a
> release, I want to see what are the most vital bugs to solve before the
> code freeze.

The other set of features that needs working on here is around
searching: a proper search customization UI, saveable (and shareable)
searches, and visible feedback of active search terms.
--
Christian Robottom Reis | [+55 16] 3376 0125 | http://launchpad.net/~kiko