Re: [Launchpad-users] new way to look at the bugs

On Mon, 2009-09-14 at 15:30 -0300, Christian Robottom Reis wrote:
..

> The other set of features that needs working on here is around
> searching: a proper search customization UI, saveable (and shareable)
> searches, and visible feedback of active search terms.

I think bug hoards sounds very nice, and better searching too.

I think that custom sorting is still extremely useful: hoarding sounds
like a kindof super-saved-search, but searching != sorting. (Imagine if
you will, that you could only see one level of 'importance' in a search
at a time - it would be pretty annoying to work with).

I realise nothing in your mail excludes custom sorting, but the
conversation focus seems to have drifted to a parallel feature - and
while better searches would be nice; I maintain that better sorting
would be killer!

Searching and sorting intersect a lot - consider a google search: google
finds everything, but then also sorts the result, such that (often) the
first 2 or 3 items contains what one is looking for. Assessing relevance
for a document is hard. To phrase what I'm asking for in search terms, I
want to increase the precision of the results in the first page of a
search.

-Rob