[Launchpad-users] Line Ending Problems

Hi All,

Several of my projects (e.g.: nunitv2, nunit-3.0, nunit-summary)
started out on windows and have crlf line endings. Now that
I've got a few people working in linux, we are starting to
see issues with our diffs, with the real changes buried in
the midst of a bunch of line ending changes.

I've looked at using the eol setting in the rules file, but
I have a 'few' questions...

1) Will using this filter require updating each dev's repo
   format? What about the format on Launchpad?

2) How can I ensure that everybody uses the proper eol value?

3) How can I initially force all the stored line endings to
   the selected value? Or do I have to do that?

4) If I do make such a change, will it mess up the history?

5) Am I better off using native or native-with-crlf-in-repo
   in this situation?

6) Is this likely to get easier in the future and - if so -
   am I better off doing something temporary for now and
   planning on a major change later?

Charlie