Re: [Launchpad-users] Your thought wanted on Launchpad code imports

Hi Martin,

> To guide our future work, we'd like some feedback on this
> area of Launchpad in particular - please just reply with your answers:
>
> * Have you ever used imported branches? Do you use this frequently?

I used an import from SF CVS as a prelude to moving NUnit to
Launchpad completely. This is a slightly different use case and
might call for a different approach from mirroring an existing
project. For example, I continue to use CVS to look back at
branches other than head. If I could have easily moved the
whole thing - or selected branches, I would have done that.

I'm getting ready to use it on a few other projects that use
SVN and GIT. In that case, it's more the (I guess) 'usual'
situation of an ongoing project that I want to use within
my own work.

> * If you've used it in the past but no longer use it, why?
> * When you use imports, what are you trying to accomplish?

Integration with work of other folks who don't use LP.

> * Do you find the service reliable?  What problems do you
> encounter, and how often?

The CVS import seemed to have a lot of glitches - which eventually
got fixed, of course. We can blame that on CVS, I suppose. :-)

> * Did you ever ask for a new branch to be imported, and if so
> how did that work out?

No.

> * If you encountered problems, did you ask for help or look
> at the documentation?  Where did you look, and did it solve
> your problem?

LP docs, Answers, this list. Generally, yes.

> * Would improving imports help your use of Launchpad a lot, a
> bit, or not at all?  What areas or aspects would be most
> important to improve?

Currently, only to a small degree.

Charlie