Re: [Launchpad-users] Long PPA Build Queue

On Tuesday 03 November 2009 21:52:05 William Grant wrote:
> There are normally >12 builders for each PPA architecture, but most of
> them tend to get stolen around release times (for use as mirrors?).

They're used to push bits on the wire, apparently it needs a lot of machines
to fill the bandwidth at release time ;)

The current set of builders available is the base set that we guarantee to be
available.  The others, when around, are a bonus.

However, when we start implementing Build From Branch [1] we'll need a lot
more horsepower so I'll be asking for a lot more builders to cope with the
load.