Re: [Launchpad-users] Long PPA Build Queue

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 9:29 AM, Julian Edwards
<julian.edwards@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tuesday 03 November 2009 21:52:05 William Grant wrote:
>> There are normally >12 builders for each PPA architecture, but most of
>> them tend to get stolen around release times (for use as mirrors?).
>
> They're used to push bits on the wire, apparently it needs a lot of machines
> to fill the bandwidth at release time ;)
>
> The current set of builders available is the base set that we guarantee to be
> available.  The others, when around, are a bonus.

I wonder if there isn't a way to build arch all packages on the amd64
buildds. That might help a bit with the long queue on i386. For
instance, the amd64 queue is currently empty while i386 is estimated
at 36 hours right now. I'm almost certain that if I were to upload an
arch all package (i.e. a python only app) right now it would go into
the i386 queue.

> However, when we start implementing Build From Branch [1] we'll need a lot
> more horsepower so I'll be asking for a lot more builders to cope with the
> load.

- Andrew