Re: [Launchpad-users] Suggestion for large scale bug report management

We have something a bit like this in bug heat and "this bug affects me".

I think it would be a bit hard for nonexpert users to estimate
difficulty or effort, though perhaps you could gather enough data to
be approximately correct.

It seems to me the best thing to do through crowdsourcing is
de-duplication, which would both cut the absolute number of bugs, and
also give us good data about how many users are hitting something.  I
hope eventually to try to write a supervised machine learning system
to help with it.

Are you interested in hacking on this?  There are probably some easy
bugs related to bug heat that would make it more useful.

--
Martin