Re: lubuntu-desktop package in Karmic Alpha 6

Le mardi 15 septembre 2009 à 11:51 +0300, Martin-Éric Racine a écrit :
> On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 11:51 PM, Julien Lavergne <gilir@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > My feelings are that is quite late to introduce those changes for
> > Karmic. I'm sure it's a good option for Karmic+1, but I prefer another
> > solution for Karmic : patch directly LXDE packages to change the artwork
> > and settings. The main disadvantage is that you can't have a genuine
> > LXDE installation, but other distributions seems to do the same. So I
> > don't think it's a big deal for the short term.
>
> That is what I already proposed a few weeks ago, because delivering an
> LXDE with good default settings (Ubuntu icon+GTK+wallpaper theme) is
> an easier step to achieve than reaching the needed momentum to deliver
> a rock-solid new Ubuntu flavor on time for Karmic.

The real problem is, what do we put for the artwork :)
I set up a quick page for proposing artwork :
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/Artwork/Incoming/Karmic
I added the default artwork and my current testing theme to add an
example. Feel free to propose any other artwork :)

Let's see if we have some feedback/votes, and let's decide in a few days
which theme to include.