Re: lubuntu-desktop package in Karmic Alpha 6

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 11:11 PM, Julien Lavergne <gilir@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Le mardi 15 septembre 2009 à 11:51 +0300, Martin-Éric Racine a écrit :
>> On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 11:51 PM, Julien Lavergne <gilir@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> > My feelings are that is quite late to introduce those changes for
>> > Karmic. I'm sure it's a good option for Karmic+1, but I prefer another
>> > solution for Karmic : patch directly LXDE packages to change the artwork
>> > and settings. The main disadvantage is that you can't have a genuine
>> > LXDE installation, but other distributions seems to do the same. So I
>> > don't think it's a big deal for the short term.
>>
>> That is what I already proposed a few weeks ago, because delivering an
>> LXDE with good default settings (Ubuntu icon+GTK+wallpaper theme) is
>> an easier step to achieve than reaching the needed momentum to deliver
>> a rock-solid new Ubuntu flavor on time for Karmic.
>
> The real problem is, what do we put for the artwork :)

How about something as simple as the default Ubuntu brown wallpaper,
the Human GTK2 and icon theme, with some very basic brown or orange
OpenBox window theme?

For lxpanel, I'd remove the network and CPU monitoring applets from
the taskbar, revert its theme to using whatever GTK2 uses and replace
the LXDE logo for the application menu with the standard Ubuntu
circle.

It's about as basic of a theme as it can get, it retains the Ubuntu
Human feel everyone has come to expect from Ubuntu and it also saves
us the trouble of creating out own usplash and GDM theme.

Martin-Éric