Re: New testing ISO 20100215

Hi!
It's great! Nice artwork! Respect for including such applications as
"hardware drivers", "printing", "languages" by default. It now looks very
user-friendly.
However, there are some minor problems:
1) a lot of errors when changing screensavers. It can be solved by creating
directory /usr/share/backgrounds by default.
2) as was discussed earlier when clicking "Desktop Session Settings" the tab
"Desktop" should be opened, not "Interface".
3) why have you choosen "xfburn" to include? I think that the most popular
area for installing LXDE (and of course Lubuntu) are netbooks and they just
don't have any CD/DVD-ROMs... In my opinion, it is unnecessary.

I have tested on my netbook HP 1233 - everything is working perfectly, and
using by default 110 Mb out of 1Gb is impressive (with Ubuntu 9.10 mini.iso
+ LXDE it uses after startup nearly 155 Mb). However, if there is xsplash I
haven't seen it, may be because of my videocard (Via Chrome9), I don't know.

I have also tried to run livecd on my notebook Asus M51TR. However, all that
I have seen was Lubuntu logo for approximately 1 minute after what there
came a kernel panic. I'll try to find solution but exactly now I don't know
why it is happening so.

In conclusion, I would like to say that it looks perfect and amazing. Thank
you!

Regards,
Michael.