Re: New testing ISO 20100215

I was able to install the iso now on my Pentium II and 128 MB Ram. One thing
first: its just amazing how fast the OS is. i mean, its a pentium with 350
MHz. And after a boot time of 30 seconds i can see the login-window, and
after that, ive got a full lubuntu! enough software, most of the things
working- great. Just some things:

1.) Some of you said we should use the debian-installer instead of ubiqity.
I agree with you. Even if the live-cd was working with 128MB ram, ubiquity
wasnt. i had to put some more sdram into the pc (ubiquity needs 192 mb,
doesn't it?), but our users wont have some ram just lying on their desk ;-)

2.)The installation with sudo ubiquity goes quite fast. after half an hour,
i could reboot and see the login window. One little graphical thing: what
about making the logo there white, like it was illuminated? i tried it and
that looks quite good, no matter if you use a blue or a green background.

3.) Sometimes on startup with the livecd i got this error-message: "Error:
unable to establish connection with FAM. Do you have "Fam" and "Gamin"
installed and running?" is there already a bug report, or what is it? Or is
it something with pcmanfm, that will become batter with version2 ?

4.)  Same with some icons. They seem to "fall of the screen", they are not
in the middle of the "tab" (how do you call them?)

5.) Software we should add: gdebi-gtk and some games.

But these are just little details.Lubuntu is awesome and will become even
better. Almost no cpu-usage on this old hardware-great.

Best regards
jo.