Re: Other things to do with a Lubuntu installation

Le lundi 22 mars 2010 à 11:02 +0100, Leszek Lesner a écrit :
> Knoppix (based on LXDE) has a modified Xrandr with 3 easy buttons to
> either choose to have both screens cloningmode on, screen 0 on only or
> screen 1 on only. The advanced Tab looks like the one we ship now.
> From the usability point of view this would be a better solution as we
> ship now.
> From the technical point of view: This will work out of the box with ,
> intel, ati & nvidia cards (all using the opensource drivers , nvidia
> the new nouveau one).
> We should ship this one, if we find the source. I cannot find it on
> the knoppix repo. I guess it might be even a official lxrandr patch.

Maybe it's not lxrandr but a different program. However, you should be
able to get the source if you do an "apt-get source" on a Knoppix
system.

Le lundi 22 mars 2010 à 11:02 +0100, Leszek Lesner a écrit :
> Multimediakeys should be supported. This are 3 lines of code
> in .Xmodmap in /etc/skel. This is really no pain in the ass.

The problem is not the number of lines. This should not be Lubuntu
specific. According to what you said, if it's in /etc/skel, it should be
a patch for the bash package on Ubuntu (maybe also on Debian).