Re: Documentation and the 'dreaded' day

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 11:18 PM, Julien Lavergne <gilir@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Le mardi 20 avril 2010 à 17:12 +0100, Phillip Whiteside a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >

> > There is not a section for "How To's" in the wiki and I am not sure
> > where they would best fit in, I'm not sure if they should be at
> > lubuntu.net, or if the wiki page is the correct place for "How To's" /
> > screen-casts etc. Having them all in one place is the way forward and
> > the wiki seems the correct place if we are to proceed for adoption.
> > I'm thinking possibly under section 4, so that "how-tos'" can be
> > added, but am not about to go 'breaking' the wiki page :-)
>
> Any help to improve the wiki is welcome :) I'm not against the "Howto"
> section, I just would like to slim the main page a bit. For example, I
> think the Xubuntu or page on the wiki is quite nice :
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Xubuntu
>
> I have a mentor from the ubuntu-docs team, I'm sure he will ensure any
postings are both factually correct & conform to layout :-)

> And there is a Docs section ;) But we should also check what is done on
> the wiki for Ubuntu, because many tutorials could be re-use by Lubuntu.
>
> I plan to do some updates before the release, I'll try to add a
> "Documentation" section so you can add you contribution :)

Release date is close, I am about to get tied up with 10.04 launch, it'd
just be nice to point people over to a wiki page and not my own personal
area, which was 'not so good an idea'?
I'd really like to be able to (and so would others from the support people)
have a set of "How To's"
For example after the "We will not support dual screens" that is now there
in preferences, If someone would be kind enough to fill that one in, I have
a large gaping hole on mine, that was in my  "Things you can do that are
totally unsupported"
Can we link wiki pages to screen casts ?

> Regards,
> Julien Lavergne
>

> Yes, I know all the above is dead boring, but we're going to have n00bs hit
lubuntu & they are going to need their hands holding.

I'm having a chat with a couple of people regarding how to make a minimal
iso with lubuntu on, but with the onset of 10.04 release they're a bit busy.