Re: Lubuntu documentation

On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 17:13:39 +0100
Andrew Woodhead <andrew.woodhead666@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Firefox has a retarded dependency on gnome for some reason, you may
> need to add the mozilla ppa or even use the tar.gz file to prevent the
> bloat of all the stuff the packages will pull in.

To further elaborate, since installation of Lubuntu to the 2 GB thumb
drive, all I did was to install flash. I tried to install 'lubuntu
restricted-extras', of course there's none; but I do not want to
install 'ubuntu-restricted-extras' nor 'kubuntu-restricted-extras'
which I think will pull in lots of other gnome/kde stuff. I am not sure
if I install some application, say pitivi, whether that might similarly
cause other stuff to be stuffed in as well. I hope you see my point.

Regards - Goh Lip

ps:  pleasantly surprised Lubuntu Mplayer plays formats without
downloading codecs and the fonts are great!