Re: Lubuntu Maverick Alpha 1

On Mon, 2010-06-14 at 08:18 -0400, Bob Trevithick wrote:
> It works fine here with that one exception of having to use
> "nomodeset" to get it to boot.
>
> Well, I should qualify this with, I installed it last night around
> 2am, used it for an hour or so, and then went to sleep. :)  This
> morning I'm cleaning it up, customizing it to be my main distro unless
> something unforeseen happens.  But it's an alpha.. so what could go
> wrong? :)
>
> Thanks folks.. this is really nice!  I'm using it as I type this.
>
> Let me know if I can do anything to assist with diagnosis of the iso...

The 'nomodeset' option was the first thing I tried, no luck.
I have since tried with an i810 and a nVidia 440, both of which work
with the 'nomdeset' option.  The cards that don’t work, so far,  are:-

Matrox G200
Intel 1740
nVidia RIVA 128
ATI Rage Pro
SiS 740
Cirrix V641

All of which work under 10.04.  This is going to be a bit of a problem,
as these are all common video adapters in older machines.

--
Steve (YorvYk)

http://lubuntu.net/