Re: Lubuntu Maverick Alpha 1

Le lundi 14 juin 2010 à 15:23 +0100, Steve a écrit :
> The 'nomodeset' option was the first thing I tried, no luck.
> I have since tried with an i810 and a nVidia 440, both of which work
> with the 'nomdeset' option.  The cards that don’t work, so far,  are:-
>
> Matrox G200
> Intel 1740
> nVidia RIVA 128
> ATI Rage Pro
> SiS 740
> Cirrix V641
>
> All of which work under 10.04.  This is going to be a bit of a
> problem,
> as these are all common video adapters in older machines.

Is it the same with a daily build of Ubuntu Maverick ?
Alpha was released a bit late, with maybe a X server quite unstable, the
last version of Xserver was released some days ago.

Also, I just see that if I try the CD in Virtualbox, without action, it
failed. But if you cancel the boot, and switching to the classic menu
(With "Try Lubuntu", "Install Lubuntu" etc ..), it's working.

Well, it's the first Alpha, we have time to fix those problems :)