Re: Boot problems with latest kernels

On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 14:45:34 -0400
Bob Trevithick <bob.trevithick@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hmm.  That thread, which I had read yesterday, said that the problem
> was with 0.96.1ubuntu3, and that the fixed version is 0.96.1ubuntu4
> which is the one I now have installed.  The thread also notes that
> this only applies to the AMD64 version, which I'm *not* using.

Ah! I saw the AMD CPU and assumed thatwas the problem.  Didn’t realise it only affedted  the 64 bit version.

> I have all the latest updates, unless I should have "proposed" enabled.

There won’t be anything in the proposed repository untill Maverick is released.

> Just to be clear, your suggestion would be to start over with a clean
> installation of the alpha-1 Lubuntu?

No, what I suggest is that you remove the 2.6.35-4 and 2.6.35-3 kernel-images then do an upgrade or maybe a dist-upgrade.

--
Steve Cook (Yorvyk)

http://lubuntu.net