Re: [Lxde-list] LXAdmin, a collection of little applications to manage settings on LXDE

great job, the sidux versions are useful but IMHO the bad part is that
they need .moo txt files for translations instead of gettext poes...

using gettext is a big improvmen.

i know you use ubuntu so launchpad looks your first choice, but if we
move that things on sourceforge i see real reasons to keep the work
spread on sourceforge,gitub,launchpad.. just use 1 thing.

in other words, i agree on moving that to our sourceforge git repos, but
i don't agree to have the same stuff mirrored on github and launchpad.

just my 2 cents
Andrea

Il 27/06/2010 11:23, Julien Lavergne ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> Based on the Sidux applications, and 1 other from Lubuntu community,
> LXAdmin is a collection of little python applications to manage some
> settings and some tasks on LXDE. Basically, I gathered them in 1 place,
> added autotools support and gettext support, and some basic support for
> different distributions. There is still no big modification between them
> and original applications.
>
> You can find it in the git tree :
> http://github.com/gilir/LXAdmin
> It's mirrored on Launchpad : https://launchpad.net/lxadmin
> Packages for Ubuntu available in the PPA :
> https://launchpad.net/~lxadmin-team/+archive/testing
>
> It's still quite focus on Debian/Ubuntu, but I'm sure it can be extended
> to other distributions.
>
> It also needs improvements, like when it needs root rights. But, it's
> already useful in some cases.
>
> It's developed with git, so it's possible to host it on lxde git if you
> want :)
>
> I would like also to begin an experiment with it : activate Launchpad
> translation support, and see if it's bring more contributors. I would
> like to see if it's interesting of not to use Launchpad for this.
>
> Regards,
> Julien Lavergne

- --
Andrea Florio
QSI International School of Brindisi Sys Admin
CISCO CCNA Certified
openSUSE-Education Administrator
openSUSE Official Member (anubisg1)
Email: andrea@xxxxxxxxxxxx