Re: Fwd: Grub Install Bug @Lubuntu-10.04 (Distribution Release)

On 06/27/2010 11:04 PM, Quynh Vu Do wrote:
Hi,

2010/6/27 Goh Lip <g.lip@xxxxxxx <mailto:g.lip@xxxxxxx>>

    On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 09:57:05 +0700

    Quynh, first, please read my post on the Lubuntu mailing list.
    http://www.mail-archive.com/lubuntu-desktop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg01347.html

    Quynh, if there is any specific thing you want to bring up after
    reading my post, please feel free to address it. As of this message, I
    do not see any thing specific to address.

The only thing I could add is when I install to an USB stick is to
choose ext2 af file systems. I also don't use swap partitions to
economize disk space on the USB device (usually 4-8 GB).

Yes, I too don't add a swap partition to the usb drive, and generally speaking, it's not required for ram of 1 GB and above, except for hybernate and sleep. But, I use ext4 in the usb drive for Lubuntu, though. A good thing to do for ext4 at external drive is to add 'noatime' at the fstab for /.

I must add that I'm using Ubuntu Netbook Edition 10.04 (Acer Aspire One
with one 8 GB SSD, ext2 file system) and Ubuntu Desktop (Acer laptops +
clone desktops, ext3 file systems).

That's quite some system you have.

Regards and take care - Goh Lip