Re: Fwd: Grub Install Bug @Lubuntu-10.04 (Distribution Release)

As Goh Lip said in one of his posts on this subject: Alpha versions are not for newbies. Exactly why Canonical are shipping Grub 2 when they know it isn't a full release I don't personally know. They have their reasons i guess. I haven't had any issues myself with Grub but then I'm not a newbie. I would be hesitant, however, to point a newbie at a system where there is a chance it will break. They sure as hell wont come back to *nix if it does. I think that since there are issues with Grub it would be a good idea to move away from it and use something which doesn't have issues. Moaning at the LUbuntu team does no-one any good, and it really annoys me when people complain about non-production versions of software "breaking" - they haven't broken they have bugs which is why they're in Alpha / Beta releases! If you can't fix it you shouldn't have been using it - simple huh?

Rich