Re: WARNING: X-server breakage coming soon to a computer near you

> The only warnings I saw were, "Your system may break." So you either didn't
> do the upgrades and your system didn't break, or you did the upgrades and
> maybe your system broke.

I waited until there was a clear upgrade path, with nothing being held
back.  And until others on the forums were reporting the problem
solved.  Unfortunately, the problem seems multi-faceted.

I rescued one Lubuntu install by dropping back to Nouveau, but on my
Dell Mini-9 there are now multiple things wrong, one of which is that
the screen is so dim that I can't read all the error messages.  Makes
it tough to fix.  Even trying a fresh install from a USB, I get the
dim screen.  (Lucid UNR on another partition works just fine.)  I
think for the Mini I'll need to look for a grub command I've used
before.. acpi_backlight=vendor.. and try the fresh install again.
That may give me enough screen brightness to actual be able to work on
it. :)

Regards,
Bob