Re: WARNING: X-server breakage coming soon to a computer near you

On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 8:07 PM, Bob Trevithick <bob.trevithick@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> But but but.. <sputter, fume>.. I *did* follow the warnings. :-)  I
> thought.
>
> Live and learn.

The only warnings I saw were, "Your system may break." So you either didn't
do the upgrades and your system didn't break, or you did the upgrades and
maybe your system broke.

> Already got the /home thing covered, I think.  I use symbolic links
> for the apps I care about, and let the rest of /home get over-written
> during each install.

I don't use the symlinks, but I copy parts of my home folder to separate OS
partitions. I also have a separate /opt partition.

I currently have Mavericks of Lubuntu (now broken), Xubuntu, and Ubuntu
Minimal CD. I'm leaving the latter two unupgraded until an upgrade fixes my
Lubuntu install.

Lane