Re: UI in French?

At 19:05 22/09/2010, Gilles wrote:
Oops, spoke too soon: The UI does start in French, but the keyboard is US :-/

Incidently, when I open a terminal console, "su -" to root, and type "loadkeys fr", it says nothing but doesn't change to FR.

I checked the wiki, but it was no help solving the issue:
<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/DocumentationHelp/LanguageSupport>https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/DocumentationHelp/LanguageSupport

Does someone know what the procedure is to install a different locale in Lubuntu so that it'll work in both Xorg and in command-line apps?

Here's a screenshot of the Language dialog: Since French is listed first, I would expect the FR keyboard to work. Am I missing some modules?

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/2048/lubuntuchangelocale.png

Thank you.