Re: Lubuntu 10.10 RMX

Le mardi 09 novembre 2010 à 21:37 -0500, Tim Bernhard a écrit :
> Not to sound dumb, but what do you mean it's fixed in Natty or fixed
> in upstream?  How do us 10.10 users get the fixes?
I need to fix it in Natty (11.04) before backporting the fix to Maverick
(10.10).
Upstream mean, it's fixed in the project which maintain the program.
Example, GNOME is upstream, you need to wait some time before seeing the
changes from GNOME to Ubuntu.

> As far as I know, only the OS Prober issue has been added to the
> release notes.  When I installed Lubuntu, I had to do some digging to
> find the solution.  I don't mind because I like to learn and I like
> Linux, but not good for the average user.

> The release notes did mention that the USB installer was buggy, but no
> mention of a possible workaround.  (My USB - made without persistent
> storage - has worked great.  I've used it several times, but only on
> my computer so I don't know if it will work for others.   Still, I
> think it's worth noting in the release notes because it did work for
> me.
>
> I don't think the Chromium problem is mentioned in the release notes.
> I've posted the workaround that I found in the mailing list as well as
> several other places.

You can't list all problems on the releases notes. The good place for
this is the bugtracker (launchpad). It should be the first source of
information about bugs, not the wiki.
If you want to add documentation and workaround, feel free to talk to
Phillw, to had them to the Documentation section.