Re: Lubuntu 10.10 RMX

Not to sound dumb, but what do you mean it's fixed in Natty or fixed in
upstream?  How do us 10.10 users get the fixes?

As far as I know, only the OS Prober issue has been added to the release
notes.  When I installed Lubuntu, I had to do some digging to find the
solution.  I don't mind because I like to learn and I like Linux, but not
good for the average user.

The release notes did mention that the USB installer was buggy, but no
mention of a possible workaround.  (My USB - made without persistent storage
- has worked great.  I've used it several times, but only on my computer so
I don't know if it will work for others.   Still, I think it's worth noting
in the release notes because it did work for me.

I don't think the Chromium problem is mentioned in the release notes.  I've
posted the workaround that I found in the mailing list as well
as several other places.

If indeed these things are there and I just didn't fully understand what I
was reading, please accept my apologies.  Like I said, I just a use who
what's to help, not an expert.  I'll also add that I'm using Lubuntu as my
main OS.  I'm 100% behind you guys.

BTW, Have I mentioned that I get a full 1-1/2 hours of increased battery
life on my laptop with Lubuntu?  I'M LOVING IT!

Tim