Re: wiki artwork reordered

2011/1/30 神癒礁湖 (Rafael Laguna) <rafaellaguna@xxxxxxxxx>

>  I'm afraid not. When you define a widget you are telling first which
> engine will draw it, and then specify its design. So, putting two
> definitions of one widget will cause that GTK will use the last one in the
> gtkrc file.
>
> Do you think that include Murrine in the distro is a problem? Look at
> Elementary or Ambiance / Radiance. They are heavily based on Murrine and
> they're fast, because using the Cairo lib (everything is vectorial). I think
> the Murrine package is small (90 kb, Clearlooks is about 45 kb, both
> compressed, after decompression they will grow up to 300 kb).
>
> So, I can't imitate the widget style from Murrine using Clearlooks. In fact
> is impossible, because Andrea Cimitan designed it looking for a full set of
> eyecandy on the widgets (while keeping the speed, of course).
>
> If you think that's impossible to apply Ozone to Lubuntu, please, tell me
> before spending several days [image: :)] and we'll look for another
> solution.
>
> Sorry for this inconvenience.
>
>   --
>   <http://lubuntublog.blogspot.com>    <http://www.lubuntu.net>

I'm more afraid about the runtime need of this engine. I'll try to make a
package so people will be able to test it in real. There is also the
possibility to ship it as an alternative, or to ship it by default with the
old theme if people want to keep the old one. Don't worry, it's not a waste
of time :)