Re: Lubuntu, energy efficiency and sustainable computing

John,

Lubuntu working great for me with very little effort on my part.  I'm using
it as my only OS (though I do still have Windows 7 installed) on a nearly
new Laptop running a dual-core Intel processor with 4GB of RAM.   I settled
on Lubuntu because I get 20-25% more runtime out of my battery compared to
any other flavor of Ubuntu or Peppermint OS I have tried.  It seems to use
about 1-2 watts less Peppermint One or the stripped down Ubuntu Netbook
Remix install I was using before.

Tim

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 2:32 PM, Kristian Nordestgaard <kristian9k@xxxxxxxxx