Creating alternate ISOs, 64bit ISOs, etc. (status update)

On 02/17/2011 12:40 PM, Phill Whiteside wrote:

> we have recently gotten someone on board to help Julien with the
> building of iso's, once they get things sorted I'm sure that an
> alternate 10.04 iso is not impossible. ...

I'm at the "I need a few hours of playing with all this stuff before I
do anything even semi-official" stage right now.  I'm not thrilled with
the way the current Lubuntu ISO is built, but until I have a better way
fully working and tested, I'm not in a position to complain about it
(Julien and I have been having some email discussion on this topic).

If I get to the point where I have a working fully automated process to
create Lubuntu ISOs, I can then certainly also build variations of them,
including an alternate installer and a 64bit Livecd installer CD.  If I
reach that point, I would probably aim for also creating weekly or even
daily automated ISO builds of Lubuntu for test users as we approach
closer and closer to release of Lubuntu 11.04, and making them available
for download.  How quickly I get to that point... remains to be seen!

Lubuntu is a hobby, fun, spare time thing for me, and I need to make
sure it *stays* that way... so I will make *no* promises about when I
might be ready to do this for other people.  So please be patient :)

Jonathan