Re: Any major "must fix before Beta" issues left in Lubuntu?

>> Unfortunately, it will be very difficult to reduce the memory footprint
>> of the installer for 11.04. We used the same than Ubuntu, which have
>> some advantages (ex: shared development) and disadvantages (ex: memory
>> usage is not the priority of the ubiquity devs).
>>
>> Installer need some improvements (reducing memory usage, add option to
>> install only lubuntu-core ...), but it's not the easiest part of
>> Lubuntu / Ubuntu :)

The other question this poses is, is it really necessary to have a
graphical installer as the default for Lubuntu? I just thought I'd ask
the question, I personally have no qualms installing by either method.
I understand the rationale for both having a graphical installer and
using the Ubuntu default installation method but if it's going to go
against one of the main functions of Lubuntu it might be worth
considering the text based installer as the default? I just thought
I'd throw it out there so all ideas are discussed, obviously, for
11.04 this is not going to happen but if the memory requirements
continue to build I think having this brought up now would be useful
to think about.

Regards,

Jared Norris JP(Qual) BBehSc(Psych)
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JaredNorris