Re: system requirements question, 5.4 gb of free space needed?

I just checked in /usr/share/ubiquity/gtk/stepPrepare.ui (I can't
immediately recall the exact location of this file in the source code) and
the hard coded value there is 3GB, meaning that it's pulling a value from
somewhere. I did a regular Ubuntu install and seem to recall it saying 4.x
GB needed (not 100% sure on this one). Setting the visibility on this widget
to "False" causes no side effects. Would it make sense to do this in future
editions if appropriate functionality doesn't make it into Ubiquity by then?