Re: system requirements question, 5.4 gb of free space needed?

Le Sunday 01 May 2011 à 11:13 -0400, Kendall Weaver a écrit :
> I just checked in /usr/share/ubiquity/gtk/stepPrepare.ui (I can't
> immediately recall the exact location of this file in the source code)
> and the hard coded value there is 3GB, meaning that it's pulling a
> value from somewhere. I did a regular Ubuntu install and seem to
> recall it saying 4.x GB needed (not 100% sure on this one). Setting
> the visibility on this widget to "False" causes no side effects. Would
> it make sense to do this in future editions if appropriate
> functionality doesn't make it into Ubiquity by then?

I don't think it's the good value. I think the real problem was
introduced by this commit :
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-installer/ubiquity/trunk/revision/4653

Adding a special case for Lubuntu directly in the code is possible.
Another solution is to add a plugin in ubiquity to override this value,
and possibly other behaviors of the installer (Edubuntu do something
similar).