Re: system requirements (workaround created!)

> If I understand you correctly, Lubuntu 11.04 default install would (just!)
> fit on a 2GB (binary GB) disk.

Correct. *And* the resulting install will likely be unusable due to the lack
of free space.

That's pretty lightweight; can you name any common desktop or laptop i386
> "PC" architecture machines made in the the last ten years for general end
> user use (i.e. not embedded designs) that have less than 2GB of disk
> storage?

I'm not sure is it common or not, but many early netbooks have ridiculously
small drives. Some Asus EEE models have 2GB SSD. Hewlett Packard 6720t
features just 1 GB SSD (I'm shocked!!!)