Lubuntu and Accessibility

Hiyas,

much has happened recently, including lubuntu getting clearance for full
adoption at 11.10 by Canonical. Whilst I have quietly pushed accessibility
(well, maybe not so quietly) as a part of lubuntu, we now need a bit of help
off this team.

Our specification of the minimal hardware it will run on cannot be broken,
nor can our commitment to pre i686 processors.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu

>From a general chat to our head of development on lubuntu, he is of the
opinion that if the code is really (and I mean really) tight, that it would
be possible to include within the very tight constraints that we are
committed to be able to uphold the inclusion of accessibility and has agreed
that we should really strive to attain this.

We are short of devs who can dedicate resources to this task, so I ask that
any of you who can assist do so. I'd really like to see lubuntu 11.10 come
out with as much accessibility as is possible on "A Pentium II or Celeron
system with 128 MiB of RAM is probably a bottom-line configuration that may
yield slow yet usable system with Lubuntu"

So, once you've all had your heart attacks and say it cannot be done... the
ones who go "hmmm, that is actually possible.." Please make your selves
known.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/phillw

Follow ups