Re: Work items and TODOs (LXDE)

On 05/23/2011 01:33 PM, Julien Lavergne wrote:

> I'm not aware of any big crasher.

Right click on the Lubuntu 11.04 desktop.  Click "Desktop Preferences".
 In Desktop Preferences dialog box, click on the "Wallpaper mode" field.
 Select "Fill with background color only".

Crash!  X disappears, then lxdm shows up, your old session is history.
Worse still, sometimes (maybe one time in ten?  I can't do it repeatedly
or reliably!) lxdm does not come back, and you are left in a text mode
screen with no prompt or other obvious way to proceed.

That probably qualifies as a "big crasher", doesn't it? :)

I'm not picky about my wallpaper, but IMO that's a fairly nasty bug.  If
you have any unsaved work in open windows in your session, most likely,
you will lose it.

There is a (possibly related) strange (but less dramatic!) effect if you
select the Wallpaper field instead, and then press Escape.  It sets it
to (none), but closing the dialog does not then do what it should, it
seems to just totally ignore the setting change.

Jonathan