Re: The need to improve Lubuntu bug filing

 I have just installed alpha 1 in a virtual box environment tonight. I will
add my comments in case this helps. If anyone needs anything specific tested
in the alpha 1 to confirm something let me know.

On 5 June 2011 22:48, Julien Lavergne <gilir@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your help. However, as I said in Alpha 1 announcement, bugs
> on the ISO will probably be invalid when we will switch to the official
> ISO building infrastructure.
>
> Le Friday 03 June 2011 à 10:47 -0700, Lance a écrit :
> > 1) The Lubuntu Alpha1 Live CD boots to a tty, so you have to type
> > startx to get the DE.
> I saw it sometimes, restarting lxdm or just waiting "fix" the problem.

I can't reproduce this issue

> > 2) The default DE lacks restart or shutdown buttons.
> Screenshot needed :)

I have them, they are located in the lower right hand corner in the bar.
It's a little circle power icon.

> > 3) Upon completing the installation I was asked whether to restart or
> > keep using the Live DE as usual. I chose to restart and the CD ejected
> > as expected but the screen was just blank. So I removed the CD, closed
> > the tray and hit enter, but nothing happened. I tried some common key
> > combos but finally had to use the reset button on my box to complete
> > the restart.
> Never see it, but pressing reboot button should not hurt too much :)

Again, I didn't see this behaviour, it asked me to remove the media and
press enter. As it was a virtual box I just hit enter and it reset
correctly.

None of this is to disprove your bugs but just to say I couldn't reproduce
them in a virtual environment so it could perhaps be something to do with
hardware? I'm not a guru with these things so just trying to add to the
information pool

Regards,

Jared Norris JP(Qual) BBehSc(Psych)
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JaredNorris