Re: Proposed changes to lubuntu-desktop

>From a very-humble user point of view:

I use Libre Office + Gnumeric (Abiword can't convince me). As i read
recently, Libre Office is getting performance improvements, but the problem
is still the ram consumption vs the ram used by abiword (i use LO for writer
and slideshows, but gnumeric is a magnificient tool), LO is an option? It
could bring a slideshow editor to Lubuntu... Let individually decide but my
guess is that Lubuntu should remain with abiword & gnumeric for the concept.
Midori: in many ways it could be best than chromium, but as PCMAN said, it's
not stable at all .
Games: ace of penguins is faster than anything, but they're not "cool" at
all. Everybody i've shown this says something like "looks ugly, how can i
configure it?". There's nothing better around?
PDF viewers: i'm with Rafael on this, Evince is the best choice there is
(besides, it can read a lot of formats, not only pdf ;)

xscreensaver makes my installations crash on every old computer i own, i
already said this on the mailing list: it's heavy and it consumes energy
displaying something fancy on the screen instead of just a black screen or
turn it off (clearly i don't like it...); but it locks the screen, so it's
necessary.
xchat as i know is on discussion as i read recently... Pidgin would be the
option.

That's "my" two cents :)