Re: System won't boot in 11.10

> First of all tell us if it is a installed system or a live cd.

It is a live CD, i'm not able to install Lubuntu (nor Ubuntu) on that
machine (on my other 4 machines it works :)

> Because when its a live cd than its definitely a bug, because it should not
> even try to load fglrx as it is proprietary and needs to be installed with
> jockey-gtk.

Strange in deed!

> Please also take a look into /var/log/Xorg.0.log and tell us whats in
> there.

Pieces of that:
(EE) failed to load module "fglrx" (module does not exist, 0)
(II) [KMS] drm report modesetting isn't supported
(EE) Radeon(0): Chipset: "SUMO" (ChipID=0x9641) requires KMS
(EE) Screen(s) found, but none have a usable configuration
Fatal server error: no screens found.

> You also need the output of that file if you want to report an error.

I'll take a look at the commands to send the log file to a flash drive and
send it here  :) (Maybe I'll need some help with that...)

--
jpxsat