Re: System won't boot in 11.10

Am 15.10.2011 13:50, schrieb Jean-Pierre Vidal Piesset:
> 2011/10/15 Julien Lavergne <gilir@xxxxxxxxxx>
>
>> Le 10/14/2011 08:00 PM, Jean-Pierre Vidal Piesset a écrit :
>>> Sorry, "sudo start lxdm" says "lxdm/running, process 3228"
>>> Here's a brief of what "startx" sends:
>>> (EE) failed to load module "fglrx" (module does not exist, 0)
>>> (II) [KMS] drm report modesetting isn't supported
>>> (EE) Radeon(0): Chipset: "SUMO" (ChipID=0x9641) requires KMS
>>> (EE) Screen(s) found, but none have a usable configuration
>>> Fatal server error: no screens found.
>> Could you try to boot again the Live-CD, press F6 on the splash screen,
>> check nomodeset, and boot ?
>>

> The results above are the product of this:
> - start the livecd with nomodeset checked
> - typing "startx" in the line commands (X doesn't load :( )
>
> Should I create a bug in X? graphic drivers? where...?

First of all tell us if it is a installed system or a live cd.
Because when its a live cd than its definitely a bug, because it should
not even try to load fglrx as it is proprietary and needs to be
installed with jockey-gtk.
Please also take a look into /var/log/Xorg.0.log and tell us whats in
there.
You also need the output of that file if you want to report an error.