Re: Lubuntu - One Stop Thread

On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 2:57 AM, Ali Linx <amjjawad@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Note: This is for everyone so lubuntu-desktop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :)
>
> Dear ALL,
> ... Above all, I can NOT ask people NOT to post over there because that is
> against the real purpose of my thread. However, what I can do is to keep it
> simple and short and organized as much as possible and I do have some plans
> for that but again, wait please :)....

A.J.,

I don't think it's too much to *ask* users to either use the appropriate
thread to discuss issues or start a new one if one doesn't exist.  If you
read my suggestion, it's about making their experience more useful to
others and providing you with a way to mange that information.  They can
still post to the thread, but try to take specifics to the appropriate
thread so that information can be more useful to others.   *You just need
to explain why your asking them to do it that way and how and provide
instructions. *   I think if you were to make these changes in post #3,
LOST will be the bomb!  You may have to "police" it a little in the
beginning, but it gets rolling, people will follow along.

It's not about telling what they can't do.  It's about telling them what
the CAN do to make their contributions more useful.  It's up to you
though.  LOST is your baby.  Keep up the good work.

Tim