Re: [12.04] Firefox instead of Chromium?

> @ALI, is there a specific way that you're gonna make your "benchmarks"?
> I'm saying it so we can compare our results :)

Whatever in your mind, let me know and I'll be more than glad to do it :)
Don't have specific ideas at the time being. I'm willing to open many tabs
and monitor that. Don't have special tools to do such job.

On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 7:16 PM, Jean-Pierre Vidal Piesset
<jpxsat@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Just to get an idea, i've installed and run on my new laptop Epiphany
> 3.0.4, Firefox 7.0.1, Chromium 14.0.835, Midori 0.4.0.
> Here's what i get with two facebook tabs + gmail:
>
> Firefox: 268,7MB ram | 0% CPU
> Epiphany: 261,3MB ram | 0-1% CPU
> Midori: 225,6MB ram | 0-2% CPU
> Chromium: 69+19,8+6,1MB ram (94,9) | 0,0,0% CPU
>
> I'm impress with chromium... maybe there's another process i'm missing?
> (i've only looked at the processes called "chromium-browser")
>
> The faster to open is from far Midori (And the one that has less
> dependencies).
>
> I'll try later those four on my Pentium 3 machine...
>
> @ALI, is there a specific way that you're gonna make your "benchmarks"?
> I'm saying it so we can compare our results :)
>
> --
> JpXsat

Best Regards,

*A.J
amjjawad*
Lubuntu One Stop Thread (Mega
Thread)<http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1844755>
My Blog <http://amjjawad.wordpress.com> | My Wiki
Page<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad>| My
Launchpad <https://launchpad.net/%7Eamjjawad> | My Ubuntu Forum
Profile<http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=941822>

*~ My Actions Speak Louder Than My Words || ** I walk by faith, not by
sight **|| Imagination is more important than Knowledge || **Keep It Simple
and Short** ~ *